Sean Connery - James Bond Trivia :
- He played Agent 007 in seven Bond films between 1962 and 1983 (but “Never Say Never Again” is not an official EON Production film).
- He wears a toupee in all the James Bond movies. He started losing his hair already at the age of 21. He hated having to wear it.
- His favorite Bond film is From Russia with Love (1963).
- Ian Fleming, the creator of James Bond, originally did not like him being cast as Bond for Dr. No (1962) because he felt that he was too “unrefined”. The actor whom Fleming embodied Bond in Fleming’s mind was ‘Cary Grant (I)’. Fleming later changed his mind and admitted he was ideally cast in the role.
- Won the role of James Bond after producer Albert R. Broccoli attended a screening of Sean in Darby O’Gill and the Little People (1959). He was particularly impressed with the fistfight Sean has with a village bully at the climax of the film. Cubby later had his wife, writer Dana Broccoli, see the film and she confirmed his sex appeal.
- During his time as a milkman, Connery delivered to Fettes School in Edinburgh - the same school which James Bond attended in Ian Fleming’s novels following his expulsion from Eton.
- During the helicopter sequence in From Russia with Love, the inexperienced pilot flew too close to him, almost killing him.
- He learned to play golf, one of his favourite sport, during the filming of Goldfinger.